Seeking Exceptional Talent
Our Red Chalk team is made up of skilled, inquisitive, passionate, dedicated, supportive and friendly people. Seem like a good fit? To get started, a review of the things we value…
the drive to improve
Are you fueled by a desire, nay, a need to improve your skills and knowledge? Are you the person that won’t settle for what you did yesterday? Are you hungry to break boundaries?
the ability to be team player
Are you here to be part of a successful team? Do you thrive in a collaborative, “what if” and “why not” environment?
the passion for client successes
Do you love a challenge and problem-solving? Do you find empowering the success of others gratifying? Are you here to help our clients?
a strong work ethic
Are you willing to put in the time and effort it takes to complete the job successfully? Are you a leader? Do you take pride in the work you produce?
pro communication skills
We’re just going to let this stay right here. Because if don’t have good communication skills…
paying attention to the details
You can be an artist. You can be a big-sky thinker. You can be the shit… But for the love of all things great and small, you must be able to rock the details.
OPEN POSITION for Graphic Designer with Multimedia Experience
Having exceptional, multi-talented team members positions Red Chalk as a leading brand communications, design and marketing agency.
Our successful candidate is dedicated to excellent brand and design thinking and is skilled in developing solutions for print and digital media (with video as a bonus!). You also have a relentless drive to improve and innovate.
You must be an effective communicator who can lead projects from start to finish, collaborate with internal and external teams, as well as manage direct client relationships, multiple jobs and tight deadlines.
This is a full-time position at our Virginia Beach studio.
We have a cat and peanuts on the premises. Ye be forewarned..
Professional Development Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience as graphic designer for print and digital design
- 4-year degree or equivalent
- Letters of reference from past employer(s), client(s) and/or professor(s)
Creative Skill Requirements
- Excellent knowledge and and experience with graphic design foundations: typography, color theory, design aesthetics, layouts, etc.
- Ability to create custom illustrations, photo illustrations and execute a high-skill level of photo-editing
- At minimum, ability to execute basic photography
- Proficient and professional writing skills
- Excellent proficiency, knowledge and experience with the following programs:
- InDesign (creating & editing single- to multi-page documents)
- Illustrator (creating &editing vector artwork and typography)
- Photoshop (editing, photo-manipulation, color-correction, image-building, etc.)
- WordPress + other website CMS platforms (content management)
- Pages/MsWord, Numbers/Excel, Keynote/Powerpoint
- BONUS proficiencies in:
- After Effects & Premier Pro (video editing, sound editing and 2D motion graphics)
- Website and app wireframing and comp design
- Custom hand-lettering
Critical Thinking & Strategy Responsibilities
- Ability to develop and work with creative briefs
- Ability to understand and work with brand foundations
- Ability to generate strategies and creative ideas solo and collaboratively
- Ability to understand complex/comprehensive subjects and execute clear communication messaging
- Present solutions to creative director, clearly communicating objectives and solution rationale
Project Management Responsibilities
This position requires you to manage projects that are time sensitive and multi-faceted. You will need to be efficient in juggling a large project workload. While you will work primarily on-site at Red Chalk Studios, you may be required to visit client locations.
- Pitch ideas to internal team and clients
- Communicate with team and clients proficiently and efficiently, on a daily basis
- Proof all work for accuracy and having excellent attention to detail
- Review all materials to confirm conformity to standards and specifications
- Attend on-site client meetings
- Efficiently work with project management software, tracking tasks and time management
You can expect…
- Starting salary range of $41,000-$48,000 — dependent on skills and experience
- Enjoying company benefits like daily freshly-prepared lunches (for real!), paid vacation and holidays, a kitchen filled with snacks, standing desks, Starbucks, flex schedules, self-paid group health insurance plan, and more
- Working on-site in our fun, open and collaboratively-minded environment
- Good stories, lots of laughs, music, a cat… And occasionally, game time
And at this point, we expect you to WOW us!
If you think you’re the person for us, and we’re the place for you, complete the form below. No phone calls, please. We are not accepting applications for freelance opportunities.