FIRST RESPONDERS, NONPROFIT CLIENT SUCCESS STORY
The Volunteer Rescue Squads of Virginia Beach
Changing fund drive strategy and design makes a huge impact
Virginia Beach is home to the nation’s largest volunteer-based rescue squad system.
In that system are ten individual rescue squads, each its own state agency and non-profit organization. Because of the way the squads were formed many years ago, and the loyalty and independence they are so proud of, each squad works to raise donations from those they have helped, as well as from the homes and businesses surrounding each station.
In the summer of 2014, a group of volunteers representing six of the different squads formed the Collaborative Fund Drive Committee, a careful step forward to working together to raise much needed funds. Red Chalk Studios was brought in to spearhead a bi-annual fund drive initiative to help drive down costs and grow donations.
THE OUTCOME? Solutions that continue to increase the client’s return on investment and grow donations at the squad level.
Red Chalk’s has been instrumental in developing:
- Impactful messaging that illuminates the value and need to support our volunteer system
- A design system that successfully leverages each squad’s unique visual brand system, messaging and featured volunteers
- A new mailing format that reduced overall per piece costs
- A production management system that increased efficiencies for all participating squads
- Trust for other squads to participate in the collaborative fund drive efforts
- Comparing the fund drive numbers of November 2013 before Red Chalk Studios was involved to November 2014, the Virginia Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad, alone, saw an increase of 32.7% in donations.
- Subsequent fund drives have continued to show an increase in donations.
Red Chalk Studios continues to work with the Collaborative Fund Drive Committee members on a bi-annual basis, always looking for ways to improve costs, efficiencies and the Committee’s return on investment. It’s truly a labor of love.
Don’t miss out — information is power!
And we’re all about helping you be more powerful.
We’re not ones to fill your inbox with garbage (or fill your inbox, period). But on the occasion when we do have info to share, it’s always good.
Need help strengthening your brand and knowing where and how to focus your marketing efforts?
Take a look at these THREE POWERFUL ways we can help you do just that. (Of course, this isn’t all we do, but it’s a nice place to start.)
Brand Foundation Directive
Having a strategically-developed Brand Foundation makes the difference between just running a business and growing a valuable, focused brand.
It’s the difference between competing smarter and being indistinguishable from everyone else. What do you want to be?
Customer Journey Mapping
The people you’re trying to reach and convert into customers are, at any given time, on a journey.
You need to be top of mind when they have problems you can solve. If you’re not when they’re assessing options, making decisions, and determining value, then you’re off the map. And that’s not good for business.
Marketing Success Planning
We want to help you avoid costly mistakes, wasted time and lost revenue.
Before you assume what you need to implement, be it a website, advertising, social media or more, you NEED TO KNOW the big picture of what, where, when, why, who and how before making investment decisions.